Preparing for a thermal scan
We want your images to be as accurate as possible. Before the test please read the following instructions:
- Do not have physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, osteopathy, ultrasound, any electrical treatment or hot/cold packs on upper body for 24 hours before exam.
- Do not smoke prior to the scan.
- No excessive exercise 2 hours before scan.
- Do not use lotions, deodorants, antiperspirants, creams, powders, makeup or hormone creams on the day of the test.
- There are no dietary or medication restrictions on the day of your scan.
- No excessive hot or cold drinks prior to the test.
- Do not take a bath or hot shower immediately prior to the scan.
- No physical stimulation of breasts for 24 hours before screening.
- No shaving or use of other hair removal products.
- Please do not come for a scan if you have any sunburn, because if you are burned you will need to postpone the test. You would need to wait until all of the sunburned area has peeled off.
- Wear loose fitting clothes if possible.
- No surgery (including biopsies) or radiation treatment for 3 months before having a thermal scan.
Vitality Health and Wellbeing