Preparing for a thermal scan
We want your images to be as accurate as possible. Before the test please read the following instructions:
- Do not have physiotherapy, massage, acupuncture, osteopathy, ultrasound, any electrical treatment or hot/cold packs on upper body for 24 hours before exam.
- Do not smoke or have caffeine for 3 hours prior to the scan No excessive exercise 4 hours before scan.
- Do not use lotions, deodorants, antiperspirants, creams, powders, makeup or hormone creams on the day of the test.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory tablets or anti-histamine tablets on the day of your scan and if using any medication for pain, if possible please avoid taking them for 4 hours before scan.
- Do not take a bath or hot shower immediately prior to the scan.
- Do not consume hot food or drink for 3 hours prior to screening
- No physical stimulation of breasts for 24 hours before screening.
- No shaving or use of other hair removal products.
- Avoid scratching or rubbing the area to be scanned on the day of your appointment.
- If you are breastfeeding, please try to feed at least 1-1.5 hours prior to scan.
- If you are taking pain medication, please talk to your doctor.
- Stay out of strong sunlight on the day of the test, preferably a few days before, as if you are burned you will need to postpone the test.
- No radiation or surgery including biopsies for 3-4 months before having a thermal scan.